official tidalwave ada guide
The venue is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. While the event is held on a sandy beach, there will be accessible beach decking pathways connected throughout the venue including entrances/exits, stages, viewing areas, restrooms, vendors, and other activities. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Crutches, walkers and canes are permitted as well to be brought in to the event. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Guest Services booth. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
While there is no designated festival parking, there will be ADA parking spots available throughout all general parking garages and lots near the festival area, including at hotels. ADA parking is available in these lots on a first come, first serve basis. You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate to park in these lots. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger. A list of local parking locations can be found here.
There will be designated pickup & dropoff areas outside of the festival site. More information can be found here.
There will be an ADA entrance located on the boardwalk off of S Ohio Ave, which will be labeled with signage. Disabled guests may use this entrance to safely enter the venue. There will be an Accessibility Services booth located at this entrance for you to get registered for services, so that you can keep using the ADA entry for the following show days.
Please note that the ADA entrance continues on hard ramps and does not lead into the sand. The main entrance lines do disperse directly into the sand. If you cannot traverse through the sand, be sure that you’re entering through the ADA entrance.
ACCESSIBILITY/GUEST SERVICES BOOTH
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential. There is no ADA pre-registration before the event – this is all done onsite at the event.
There will be two locations to register for ADA services. First is right outside of the ADA entrance off of S Ohio Ave on the boardwalk, and second is at the Guest Services booth inside the event. Both locations will be labeled on the festival map when released. At these locations, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility/Guest Services booth to be reissued
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
There will be accessible viewing areas with chairs made available to ADA patrons at designated stages who may need to see above the crowd . To gain access to these areas, please visit us at the Accessibility/Guest Services booths.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons are asked to not save spots
Please remember, space and chairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that you arrive at your desired performance at least thirty (30) minutes before it starts.
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue. Only legitimate service animals that are individually trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials and allowed within the event footprint.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must be registered with the ADA department upon entry into the event
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you’re inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
We accept requests for any of the following services:
- ASL interpretation for any performance
- Other forms of Effective Communication
Requests for these services must be emailed to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for sufficient preparation. The deadline for this event is July 13th, 2022. To submit a request, please email us at ADA@TidalWaveFest.com with the subject line ‘TidalWave Request’.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event map. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact ADA@TidalWaveFest.com or further assistance.
- Accessible Facilities: There will be accessible restrooms, water stations and other facilities made available throughout the festival grounds. If you need assistance locating these facilities, please visit us at the Accessibility/Guest Services booth when you arrive to the festival
- Prescription Medications: All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event. Your medications must be cleared by the medic team at the event entry.
- Other Services: If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assisted listening device systems or another accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at ADA@TidalWaveFest.com.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
TidalWave will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at ADA@TidalWaveFest.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at TidalWave!